|The Women’s International Film Festival is designed to appeal to a broad demographic base of Miami-Dade County and Broward County residents and visitors.
The focus is on films and arts by or about women, and international in perspective appealing to very diverse demographics - thereby providing marketing opportunities for those attempting to reach youth, adults of all ages, many ethnic groups, and of course, women.
It is one of the few events that recognizes the unique needs – and consumer clout – of women
Why should your company participate in WIFF?
Is the Opportunity Really That Big? Yes it is! Here’s why…
1. Women are decision makers!
Because 43 percent of families are headed by women, women are often the ones who make the most purchasing decisions:
- 53% of investment decisions (Securities Industries Assn);
- 55% of consumer electronics (Consumer Electronics Assn);
- 80% of home improvement decisions (Lowe’s);
- 66% of computers (Intelliquest);
- 68% of new cars (J.D. Power);
- 92% of residential real estate (Tom Peters)
2. Women’s Income Growth Accelerating!
- Over past 20 years, US women’s income has climbed 63%, while men’s has stayed steady (+0.6%) (US Bureau Labor Statistics)
- Women bring in half – or more – of household income in most US Households (55%) (WSJ, Nov 1997).
- 1 out of 4 USHH is headed by single female (US Bureau of the Census)
- Professionally speaking Women are obtaining:
50% of Law School degrees,
46% of Medical degrees,
38% of Business degrees.
Among women who have completed grad school,
43.5% earn more than their husbands (New York Times, 3/26/01)
3. Women Know What They Want!
- Women spend disproportionately more on goods and services than do men.
- Today’s women are many things: career women, homemaker, wife, mother, daughter, grandmother. She’s a decision-maker seeking the best for herself and her loved ones.
- She’s also a savvy consumer who spends her dollars with businesses that recognize and cater to her special needs.
4. Women are Family Health Gatekeepers
- Make 75% of all health-care decisions
- Control 66% of $1.5 trillion annual healthcare spending
5. Women Recognize Those That Support Them!
1. Arts & Culture, Kids, Global Ethics, Volunteerism, Environment, Opportunities for Women.
Women care… and they vote with their wallets!